Miston Tours in Cape Town
Garden Route, Addo and Winelands 7-Day Tour
- Sample fine wines paired with chocolate or biltong in the Cape Winelands
- Travel to the southernmost tip of Africa
- Brave a waters to see magnificent marine life by kayak
- Walk with the elephants in natural settings
- Look for whales off the coast of Hermanus
- Avail of optional adventure activities including a bungee jump, zipline, surfing and 4WD safari
- Bungee jump at Bloukrans Bridge
Get the ultimate Western Cape and Eastern Cape experience and explore the winding roads from Cape Town to Addo National Park. See the grand wine estates of the legendary Cape Winelands and learn about the proud cultures and traditions of the nation's diverse people. Swim in the Indian Ocean, surf the waves of "J’Bay" or brave the amazing Bloukrans Bridge Bungee Jump.
This is a combo tour package including a 2-day Western Cape tour and 5-day Garden Route tour; your vehicle, guide and tour members can change during the trip.
Day 1: Cape Agulhas
Sample MCC sparkling wine and chocolate or biltong paired with some of the best wines in the Cape Winelands, and stop for lunch in the historic town of Franschhoek. Continue to the southernmost tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas, where you will spend the night at the Cape Agulhas Backpackers, 3-star Mermaid guesthouse or 4-star Ocean House guesthouse.
Day 2: Hermanus
Choose how you want to spend your morning: Relax in Hermanus or get up close to magnificent marine life with an optional sea kayak trip or spot whales on a whale watching cruise in the bay during whale season from June to October. Get up close to a colony of over 5,000 African penguins in their natural habitat at Betty's Bay, and take the scenic coast ride back to Cape Town in the late afternoon. Spend the night in Stellenbosch at the Banghoek Place Backpackers, 3-star Caledon Villa guesthouse or 4-star Roosenwijn guesthouse.
Day 3: Oudtshoorn
Capture the beauty of the high mountains and rugged Karoo plains on a drive along the legendary Route 62. Stop for a drink at a famous country pub, and then enter the magical chambers of the Cango Caves. Explore the narrow passages and vast halls filled with ancient stalactites. Return to the wild for an optional 4x4 game drive at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve for a possible sighting of resident rhino and giraffe (subject to availability). Stay the night in Oudtshoorn at the Backpackers Paradise, 3-star Yamkela guesthouse B&B, 4-star Buffelsdrift Lodge or 4-star Surval Boutique Olive Farm.
Day 4: Jeffrey's Bay
Face your fear and jump from the world's highest bungee jump at the Bloukrans Bridge, choose to zip line over waterfalls, or explore the surrounding forest in the Tsitsikamma area. Fall in love with giant elephants on an optional bush walk. Visit an ostrich farm before spending the night in the Jeffrey's Bay area at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Mandyville guesthouse or 4-star African Perfection guesthouse.
Day 5: Jeffrey's Bay
Explore the marine reserve in Tsitsikamma National Park and admire the dramatic coastal and forest landscape. Look for wild beasts on a 3-hour game drive by tour bus at Addo Elephant National Park, home to the most dense population of wild elephants on the planet. Return to Jeffrey's Bay for your overnight stay at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Mandyville guesthouse or 4-star On The Beach guesthouse.
Day 6: Wilderness
Go for an early morning surf or just chill out and go for a walk in the forest. Visit The Heads and watch the sea crash through 2 massive sandstone cliffs at Knysna. Spend the night in the Wilderness area at the Island Vibe Backpackers, 3-star Greywood, or 4-star Protea Hotel Knysna Quays hotel.
Day 7: Cape Town
Enjoy a walk on white pristine beaches along the Indian Ocean coastline and then canoe on the Wilderness lagoon and watch the birdlife as you glide over the water. Travel back to Cape Town for a late evening arrival.
- Pick-up and drop off at your accommodation or preferred location in the Cape Town area
- Wine and cheese tastings
- Port and chocolate tastings/pairings
- Penguin colony entrance fee
- Adventure tour at the Cango Caves
- Tour of an ostrich farm
- Entrance to Addo National Park
- Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
- 3-hour game drive by tour bus in Addo National Park
- Wilderness canoeing
- Local driver/guide
- Transportation by licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- 6 nights accommodation as per your selected option
- Meals and drinks
- Personal insurance
- Optional extra activities
- Sea Kayak (from +/-R400 per person)
- Whale watching cruise (from +/-R800 per person)
- Biltong and wine pairing (from +/-R85 per person)
- Bungee jump (from +/-R1350 per person) or Waterfall zipline (from +/-R430 per person)
- Surf board hire
- Elephant bush walk experience (from +/-R405 per person)
- Extra Buffelsdrift 4x4 Bush Safari (from +/-R350 per person)
A South African safari is a wildlife enthusiast’s trip of a lifetime. Proper pre-travel medical care is crucial to be able to relax and enjoy the stunning landscape. While you’re out and about in the wilderness, the last thing you want to deal with is an unexpected illness. A pre-travel health consultation with vaccinations given by a travel health specialist will help to ensure your well-being during your safari and upon your return home.